top of page
Mobile/Manufacture home with deck and metal roof

Mobile Home Insurance

Prepare for the unexpected with our custom-tailored package.

Whether on wheels or a permanent foundation, we can help you get the protection that you deserve! 

As an independent agency, we have the flexibility to offer coverage options that others simply can't.

We want to work with you to find the right protection for your mobile and manufactured homes.

No matter if your home is 500 square feet or 5000 square feet, we want to make sure that you know how your insurance will react and who will be there for you on your worst day.

The Gap

Mobile home insurance

Replacement Cost Vs. Actual Cash Value

Mobile and manufactured home insurance

Where most companies can only offer Actual Cash Value (ACV), we can offer Replacement Cost coverage on your mobile/manufactured home, as long as it meets the underwriting guidelines.  

Why does this matter?

Well, Replacement Cost will pay up to the policy limit to rebuild or replace your property.

ACV is only going to pay the current market value of your home as it was valued at the time of loss, up to the policy limit.


If it cost $80,000 to rebuild/replace your home, and you were insured for up to $80,000 in Replacement Cost, it would pay the $80,000 minus your deductible
 ACV is only going to pay what the market value of the home was at the time of loss. So if that property would normally sell for only $20,000, then that is what the insurance company will pay regardless of what the policy limit is. 
There is a BIG difference between $80,000 and $20,000! Be sure you know whether you have Replacement Cost or ACV coverage.

To Consider

Mobile home insurance
Expand carrot
Collapse carrot

This is the portion of your policy that covers the actual structure (main house). The amount of coverage can be calculated on a Replacement Cost or Actual Cash Value (ACV) basis, depending on the policy type.

There is a big difference between these two coverage methods, so it's important to know which one is appropriate for you. (For more information on Replacement Cost vs. ACV contact us)  

Expand carrot
Collapse carrot

This covers any structure on your property that is not permanently attached to your house (such as fencing, driveways, sidewalks) and detached buildings (such as sheds and garages).

Usually this coverage is 10% of whatever your Dwelling limit is, but it can be increased if you need more coverage. This is especially the case if you have a garage or workshop that is valued higher than the cost of your Dwelling.

Like the Dwelling, it can be calculated on a Replacement Cost or ACV basis. 

Expand carrot
Collapse carrot

This covers all of your personal belongings like clothing, furniture, electronics, and appliances. Like the Dwelling, it can be calculated on a Replacement cost or ACV basis, but might not be the same as the basis used for the Dwelling.

This is often overlooked and incorrectly assumed to be Replacement Cost, so it's an important detail to check in your specific policy.

Expand carrot
Collapse carrot

This covers your living expenses if you need to live somewhere else temporarily because your primary home is uninhabitable due to a loss.

Expand carrot
Collapse carrot

This covers medical expenses for guests if they are injured on your property. It does not cover health care costs for you or other members of your household.

This coverage is very easy to access and exists to help avoid a larger liability situation (x-rays and ER visits are typically less expensive than a lawsuit).

Expand carrot
Collapse carrot

Personal Liability Coverage applies if someone is injured or their property is damaged and you are to blame. This coverage generally applies anywhere in the world. Your personal liability coverage should be high enough to protect your assets, such as personal property, savings, and future wages, if you are sued.

In some situations, an Umbrella policy may be necessary to provide extra coverage. (For more information on Umbrella policies, contact us)

Expand carrot
Collapse carrot

Water Backup
Coverage for “overflows” of water from sewers (like out of toilet bowls) and “backups” from drains (like floor drains and sinks). 

Scheduled Personal Property
Most mobile/manufactured home policies have sub-limits that only pay up to a certain amount to replace a specific item (such as a $1500 limit for jewelry).

There are some situations where you might want special coverage for valuables, or collectibles like jewelry, guns, collectibles, rugs, etc. that are worth more than the policy sub-limit.

In this case, these valuables can be listed separately at their correct value on the policy.

Other Optional Coverages may be available!
For more information, contact us

Are you ready for a better insurance experience?

Mobile home owner

Contact us today for a consultation!

Can we text you?

Thanks for submitting!

bottom of page